Abel Construction is seeking a motivated Design Professional / Architect for projects throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. For 80 years, we have challenged ourselves to provide outstanding service and have created a culture of excellence.
- Management of the design of projects through all phases (pre-design, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration)
- Perform design services from simple to complex.
- CAD, computer graphics, modeling, and related technical support services for plans.
- Coordinate effectively with other Design professionals as well as other members of the staff.
- Track deliverables, coordinate quality control efforts, implement productivity enhancements, collaborate with team members on production issues, and solve problems.
- Maintain CAD files, backups, adhering to file management procedures; maintain established project standards on all created and revised drawings; maintain related technical project files and documentation as directed.
- Provide recommendations for equipment/software purchases and improvements to CAD technical capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of architecture, design, or project management experience
- Bachelor degree in Architecture preferred
- Design software experience required (AutoCAD, Revit (BIM), Sketch-up)
Salary based on educational and work achievements. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/prescription/dental/vision benefits, life and disability insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
It is the policy of Abel to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability (as defined by applicable law), veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable state or local law. This policy extends to all aspects of employment opportunity including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, reduction in force, termination, retirement, placement, training and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.